But if you were not legally married, to get spousal support, you must have lived together as a couple:
– For at least 3 years or
– For any length of time if they were in a relationship of “some permanence” and had a child together.
To get spousal support, you need to negotiate with the other part and make an accord written into a separation agreement.
Most of the time, because of all the issues about divorce, it won’t be easy to get an agreement. So, Juzkiw Law Firm can help you reach an agreement. But if the spouses cannot agree, a judge should decide.
In a judgment, when the judge decides there is spousal support, he decides the amount of support and for how long it must be paid.
The judge will evaluate things about the relationship for spousal support such as:
- The duration of the relationship;
- Whether there are children and what arrangements have been made for them;
- What each of you contributed to the relationship;
- The financial situation and the age of each spouse
If you need a reliable spousal support lawyer in Ontario, get in touch with us, at Juzkiw Law today – 416-221-2221