From past few days all you might be hearing about is the new rule that is going to effective
on May 6, 2021 for making the permanent residence process much easier for international graduates and temporary workers. Canada has always valued international graduates as a source of new talent to support the economic growth. Canadian government wants to grant express entry for permanent resident to international students who recently graduated from Canadian post-secondary institutions and possess the skills and experience that we need to fight against current situation and accelerate economic recovery.
Applications accepted through three streams:
- Cap of 20,000 applicants for workers in health care
- Cap of 30,000 applicants for workers in selected essential occupations
- Cap of 40,000 applicants for international students who graduated recently from a Canadian institution
The stream will remain open for applicants until November 5, 2021, or until they have reached their limits for applications.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- Graduated after January 2017 from a Designated learning institution in Canada.
- Workers and graduates must have proficiency in one of Canada’s official languages (At least CLB level 5 English or French for graduates and CLB level 4 for Essential workers).
- Currently employed in Canada with a valid to work authorization.
- Graduates must meet the admissibility requirements and be present at the time of application to qualify.
- To qualify under essential occupations, you have to have at least one year of full-time or full-time equivalent experience.
- To qualify under Health-care worker applicants must have at least 1 year of Canadian work experience in health care occupations.
What documents you need to apply for your permanent resident under new pathway?
- Copy of Canadian education credential and transcripts
- Copy of passport
- Digital photo
- Work reference letters from Canadian employer.
- Copies of all Canadian work and study permits.
Want to know more? Speak to our Lawyer!
We can help you to file your application. For more details and questions contact us for a free consultation at Juzkiw Law. Call us at 416-221-2221
Prepare your file with us
- Help with documentation
- Help with your PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) process
- Help with background check and fingerprint process